Thirteen Truths And One Lie…






Brief
 We have to produce short animated stings to be shown between the graduate films at the Filmhouse ECA Animation screening. The event itself is scheduled for June 17th 2013. The theme for this year's stings is “Thirteen Truths And One Lie”. Each student is required to make a film, that reveals an unexpected but informative and hopefully interesting fact about Edinburgh College Of Art.
 
The maximum duration of these films is 30 seconds each.

Research 

 On 12th April we went to ECA Archivist,  Rachel Hosker, to talk about accessing and using the ECA archive for our project.

ECA Magazine The Wee Red Herring content I found really interesting here is photo of what I found on one of the pages.
 Archives was really useful, I found lots of interesting information and facts e.g. Blow up cake. Before I came there I had idea in mind to use Revel Party as my starting point and to find interesting stories of students/from students about their experience of party and time there or after. I found few articles but they weren't interesting enough. So I sticked with story I heard from last year graduates that happened 2/3 tears ago.


Two students arrived to Revel Party by bikes. They were dancing and drinking. When time came for them to go home they relised one of their bikes got locked to somebody else bike. They had one  bike and both of them. Hammered they got onto the bike. One of them sat on handlebars. But their ride wasn't completely smooth.

 First detailed storyboard

More Simplified storyboard


Initially I wanted to create 3D model and set but quickly give up this idea. This is short project and I don't have time to make everything in time.
So that's why simplified storyboard was created. Deciding on style I choosed paper cut outs.

Why?? Because its simpler!


SHADOWS

Dancing shadows in first scene reminded me of Home alone and it also looks like front of ECA.


 Paper Cut out shadow animation

Lotte reiniger - the adventure of prince achmed




The curse of the golden frog- professor elemetal

 





CHERACTER SKETCHES - design

Deciding on characters costumes, dress up party ..but what??
Birds. why?? As one of them would try to fly sitting on handle bars and then fall, feather would create nice effect.




design chicken like toystory 2 guy from tv dressed as birds




Making Puppets










I had some problems with doing last scene all on light box so I decided to do it in pieces and then combine them together in After Effect. 







Comments

Popular Posts