When Balls Go Bad!!



Idea for this project came from previous briefs related to map making. In this work I concentrated on a still object 'ball' and how it's influenced by another factor and its cause and effect.  

As environment I choose Tenpin in Fountain Park. This animation shows my way of mapping my average visit there. Starting with Game Machines and moving to Game of pool maybe later bawling and in the end leaving as all your cash is gone. 




RESEARCH.





Claw is the Boss.!! 

 






I did quite a bit of research for claw. By taking pictures I could see how it is constructed and figure out way to animate it in such a way so it will still look effective and wont take a large amount of my time to make.




I've decided to make cut outs of the main parts of the claw. That way it was quicker to make. To recreate movement of claw I've looked at different videos. This one for me was most helpful.




 

Ball falls out.

 

For almost all the scenes I had my own photographic reference. Which gave me good idea of environment that I could transfer into drawings. They really helped me with establishing and deciding what angle would be the best for smooth transfer to another scene.

 



Hands. 

 

I'm not 'hand' person so I thought it would be hard to recreate hand movement. I recorded my self picking up and putting down balls and used that as my reference. In fact it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I realised drawing a hand and creating movement of a hand are completely two different things.  



Pool Scene.

 

How could I know from top of my head how pool balls move when you hit them. So I went to see and document it for my self!
Once again still thinking about what angles would be most effective and interesting and most important what would be the speed of pool ball.

















Editing.

After putting all scenes together It seemed very short compering to all work and preparation that I did. To make animation as a whole more effective I decided to add sound effects. 
In the end I was quite happy with my outcome. 

Comments

Popular Posts